KIF1A.ORG has an urgent and collaborative approach to accelerating the discovery of treatment for children living with KAND. Together with the KIF1A research and medical team, we work to de-risk industry’s process of developing therapeutics for KIF1A Associated Neurological Disorder. With no treatment options and time running out for our children, Team KIF1A works at a rapid pace.
As a patient-led research organization, our responsibility is to bring efficient and organized tools to the table. Our robust development tools are freely available to the scientific community, including biotech and pharma.
These tools support every function of research and development — from pre-clinical discovery through clinical trial readiness and a prepared, proven regulatory pathway. KIF1A resources are powered to support any therapeutic program working to bring treatment to children diagnosed with KIF1A Associated Neurological Disorder.
This KIF1A toolkit crosses off industry line items in a validated, scientific approach. From a robust Natural History Study to caregiver insights geared for rapid clinical trial design, the KIF1A community is mobilized and accessible.
Each of these tools require significant time and resources, and are often the reason companies choose not to invest in a rare disease program. Not with KIF1A. We make the process faster and easier for any biotech company bold enough to find treatment for our children.
- Detailed natural history and genotype/phenotype studies
- Detailed and re-contactable patient registry
- List of pathogenic mutations
- Animal models and iPSC lines of mutations with diverse phenotypes
- Rapid response and open dialogue with clinical research team
- Rapid response and open dialogue with families and foundation
- Complementary Archigene genome browsing software licenses
- Detailed re-contactable patient registry to support rapid enrollment
- Global map of patient locations to support trial site feasibility and selection
- Center of excellence with trial experience and capabilities ready to activate
- Families willing to support trial design and protocol development
- Meaningful clinical endpoints and outcome measures
- Educated families to advocate with company for approval
- Detailed description of impactful and meaningful outcome measures
- Structured PFDD model prepared with clear message
- Impactful videos of families illustrating unmet needs and meaningful change
- Physicians ready to advocate for approval
- Data on frequency and global need for treatment
- Detailed patient journey stories freely accessible
- Family advisory board to support formulation decisions
- Detailed understanding of diagnostic pathway
- Rapid response and open dialogue with clinicians
- Rapid response and open dialogue with patient families
Today we have full pre-clinical capabilities and are urgently seeking biotech companies to develop treatment for children affected by mutations in the KIF1A gene. We have an enormous unmet therapeutic need, and time is running out for KIF1A kids. We need your help to stop this progressive neurodegenerative disorder. Our foundation plays an active role in the development process by freely providing all of these tools to industry.
KIF1A.ORG is not interested in intellectual property, patents or profit. We’re a group of patients, advocates, caregivers, family members and scientists relentless in our fight to give children with KAND a meaningful and happy quality of life.
Answer the Call: Develop Therapeutics for KIF1A Associated Neurological Disorder
Take a shot on goal. Our foundation will de-risk your process immediately. If you’re interested in developing therapeutics for KAND, please contact us today.
Applicable to Any Rare Disease
Tools for Development is an efficient model that any organized and driven rare disease foundation can employ. We’re eager to share this process with the rare disease community. Powered by urgency and collaboration, our work to cure KIF1A will benefit every child living with a rare genetic disease.