KIF1A.org is a patient-led nonprofit organization. Our two primary objectives are:
1) Connecting families, physicians and caretakers of children diagnosed with KIF1A
2) Driving the scientific community to accelerate research leading to a cure
- KIF1A genetic mutations cause a progressive and neurodegenerative syndrome. The condition does not have a specific name and is referred to as "KIF1A-related disorder."
- Doctors and families have to work together quickly in order to help children with mutations in KIF1A.
- Our goal is to connect families, physicians and caretakers committed to discovering treatment for children living with KIF1A-related disorder. To find other families affected by KIF1A fill out the form below and somebody will reply within 24 hours.